Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reading at Unsmoke Systems

I just came from my reading at Unsmoke System's art gallery in Braddock. The thing was curated by Jim Storch, and it was a lot of fun. There wasn't the rip-roaring atmosphere that Elwin created two days ago, but it was an intimate performance. And of course, Unsmoke has a beautiful space.

Here's what the line up was--
Jim Storch/Nathan Kukulski....with video by Ryan Emmett.
MySpace Link

Cottonballman....with slides by Jim Storch.
YouTube Link

Daniel Patrick McCloskey (from the zine/writers' space Cyberpunk Apocalypse)
Blog Link

Tom McClure (poet, writer, copy editor [for Wax Poetics Magazine], and raconteur).
YouTube Link

I've been doing more and more thinking about what it means to set up a good reading, I have a couple of things I think I'll be trying out in the future--so watch out for that. In the meantime don't forget about Magpie Killjoy's choose your own--steampunk adventure reading. Next Saturday (the 21st) come and help decide the destiny of the character at the Cyberpunk Apocalypse--5431 Carnegie street PGH pa.

No comments: