Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cyberpunk Apocalypse Supporting the Arts in Pittsburgh.

Posi-check from DannyMac:

Since December 1st, I have been drawing a lot. I promised myself I would do 5 pages a week and I guess I've been doing ten. I've just finished inking the last pages of a novel that I've been working on for my entire mature life. I still have a number of pages to shade, but for the first time in several years I'm fairly certain that this book will actually be completed before I die.
On a similar note our former resident Elwin Michael Cotman finally has his book of short stories up on Amazon for sale: CLICK. Elwin put together his collection while living here, and I think he'll agree with me when I say that the
book might not have happened if he wasn't a Cyberpunk Apocalite at the time. Through living here he was introduced to the publisher that picked up his book (Six Gallery Press), he presented many of the stories at monthly house meetings, and since he was in the house he was able to yell from his bedroom to mine, "Hey do you want to do the cover?" and, "Do I have to pay you?"

So here it is. One of my intermittent posi-checks.

We've helped 16 writers from all over North America by giving them a place to stay and work here in Pittsburgh, and have five Visiting Writers lined up for this spring and summer.

Eight or nine books have been written here, as well as countless poems, comics, and stories.

We've set up a ton of readings and events for locals as well as touring writers, and I think we've raised some awareness of the amazing resources available to burgeoning writers in our city.

You can check out some of our zines HERE and HERE
Check out some of the comics We've worked on HERE
Check out Elwin's book HERE
Keep on keeping on, and stay posi. And keep an eye out for our 2 year anniversary. It's creeping up, and it shouldn't be missed.

No comments: