Tuesday, December 22, 2009
High End Cyber Crime
PBS's NewsHour had an interesting article about "cyber crime." Stateing that "The FBI has now ranked cyber crime as the third-greatest threat to U.S. national security, after nuclear war and weapons of mass destruction." Which mean's (I guess) that if we don't get blown up or--uh. . .destroyed en mass, we only have to worry about people hacking into our computers and stealing the plans for weapons of surgical precision, stealing our money, and stealing our identities. Check out the story HERE.
Also check out the audio interview on the "Russian cyber gang," from tonight's show HERE. Don't miss the side comment about the Iraqi buying "off the shelf software" and hacking into UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicle).
Welcome to the Cyberpunk Apocalypse.
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (80)
- One More Point for Gibson
- High End Cyber Crime
- Traded in storage for a printshop
- Vincent Scotti Eirené
- Snow comes to the apocalypse!
- A cute little piece of writing
- Terence Hawkins reads from his book "The Rage of A...
- JUSTSEEDS Show
- Reading from the Typewriter Girls
- National Word Count Month results in!
- ▼ December (10)