Friday, July 11, 2008

Work is being done

It's amazing how fast time flies when you've really thrown yourself into a project. It gets dizzyingly easy to imagine your life as a movie montage. I have a few leads working on a place for our project in Polish Hill. I'll go to the North Side and snoop around for places soon--once I get my bike back together (probably Monday). In the meantime my website is blocked out, and becoming more informational.
I've talked to my friend Colin (of Fossil Free Fuel) about writing a business plan, which is a main focus currently.

On a lighter note, Cyberpunk Apocalypse and Olly Olly Oxen Free (aka me and my buddy Shakes) are halfway through the drafting of a Battle-Army style board game that takes place in post-apocalyptic Pittsburgh. If you're into nerdy boardgames or just love crazy mayhem, get stoked. It's going to be tons of fun, and we expect to have put together a bunch of copies of the game by the end of summer.

Shakes is also in the layout stage of a new zine all about fan-zines from back before the invention of the mimeograph. I was fortunate enough to get a sneak peek, and it's really interesting.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to a fax machine so I can follow up on a property. On Sunday I'll talk to Jenny about business plans after work (she helps people with this stuff for a living). On Monday I'll fix my bike, run around the North Side to look for property, research prices and census information and whatnot for the business plan. On Tuesday I shall take over the world.

I'll tell you how that goes.

No comments: